Acts 29 US Southeast
Application Deadline: August 11, 2017
The Acts 29 US Southeast Network is hiring an Administrative Assistant to help further their mission of seeing 200 church-planting churches planted by 2020. As a Network within Acts 29, they are part of our diverse, global family of church-planting churches characterized by theological clarity, cultural engagement, and missional innovation.
As Administrative Assistant to the US Southeast Operations Director, this person will assist in areas of communications, assessment event planning and processes, and various projects.
Primary Win: To assist the Operations Director in managing projects and people.
Supervisor: Acts 29 US Southeast Operations Director
Workload: 15 Hrs Per Week
Critical Factor: Must be willing to function as an Acts 29 US Southeast team member by assisting the Operations Director in executing vision and driving organizational standards and effectiveness.
Location: Preferably based in the Charlotte, NC area with ability to attend weekly staff meetings.
General Description of Duties/Purpose
To assist the Operations Director in areas of communications, assessment event planning and processes, and various projects.
- Work alongside Operations Director to communicate key initiatives and events via social media & mass communication outlets.
- Possibly travel to events within the network as requested
- Communicate and follow up with sponsors and partners regularly
- Edit and proofread certain communications content
- Schedule the publishing of content
- Follow up accordingly with content providers to ensure deadlines are met
Assessment Event Planning & Processes
- Ensure that all conference materials are printed accurately
- Arrange shipments of conference materials
- Communicate details to speakers and conference volunteers
- Track and report on registrations
- Other duties as assigned
- Arrange travel for the Operations Director
- Schedule meetings and manage calendar for the Operations Director
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- Submit reimbursements and financial reports for the Operations Director
Motive & Vision:
Understands the gospel-centric culture of Acts 29 and is passionate about the vision for Acts 29 as a diverse, global family of church-planting churches.
Character & Style:
- Humility and willingness to serve
- Strong interpersonal skills & demonstrates a good (and fun) attitude
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to work and function as a member of a team
- Shows drive and ability to execute tasks (task-oriented)
- Demonstrates an organized and disciplined lifestyle
- Accepts direction willingly but does not need to be closely supervised
- Strong computer skills with ability and willingness to learn
- Fluency in Google Applications (primarily Docs & Sheets)
- Preferred experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Excellent ability to communicate and interact with people
- Organized and productive
Expectations & Compensation:
- 15 Hours Per Week
- $14-$17 per hour
- Monthly Cell Phone Stipend ($50)
If you are interested in applying for the role, you can submit an application here. Should you have specific questions about the role, or Acts 29, please email [email protected]. We will begin engaging with applications mid-August.Click Here to Apply