Acts 29 Network seeks an experienced Finance Manager to support the organization. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Finance Manager will help advance the work in church planting by overseeing and implementing financial systems and continuing to lead Acts 29 into organizational maturity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide oversight for all aspects of the organization’s accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Lead our outsourced accounting firm in the implementation of Acts 29 Financial Systems.
- Alongside the VP of Operations, build and maintain all Acts 29 Budgets
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts receivable, donations reconciliation, grants administration (foreign and domestic) and remittance, credit card reconciliation, payroll, and contracts compliance.
- Oversee the development of financial reports; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and administration of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Oversee church pledges and gifts management.
- Oversee multi-state registration filings.
- Provides program staff and leadership team with financial components related to access to funding and allocated expense spending, reports, compliance, and reconciliation.
- Provide monthly reports for those who oversee budgets.
- Coordinate the preparation of the audited financial statements and management letter.
- Implement policies and procedural changes outlined in the internal auditor’s management letter and ECFA.
- Review and renew ECFA membership application annually.
- Manage Acts 29’s Finance Assistance in accordance with Acts 29’s management plan.
- Oversee and administrate retirement enrollment plan.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Faith and Mission
- Understands and is passionate about the vision for Acts 29.
- Has a global perspective, with a particular understanding of what it means to work cross-culturally; and
- Acts 29 is a religious 501(c)(3) and requires an agreement to abide by and embody Acts 29’s Statement of Faith and religious beliefs.
- As an employee doing the important work of carrying on the central message and mission of Acts 29, you must share our passion for gospel centrality. This gospel is the means by which people are saved and the truth and power by which people are sanctified. The truth of the gospel enables us to genuinely and joyfully do what is pleasing to God and grow in progressive conformity to the image of Christ (I Cor. 15:1–4, 2 Cor. 3:18, 1 Thes. 4:1–5).
- Additionally, as the Finance Manager for Acts 29, you effectively minister the gospel as you communicate our vision of gospel centrality in your work of interacting with churches who are giving to Acts 29’s work and vision.
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Has at least a college degree in business or finance.
- 3-5 years (minimum) experience in business or nonprofit finance.
- Experienced in building relationships with other partners and networks.
- Possesses excellent written, oral, analytical, financial, and organizational skills and has direct experience in church ministry and/or nonprofit environments.
Character and Style Qualifications
- Passionate about gospel centrality and engaged in the Acts 29 mission to plant churches worldwide.
- Able to ask, listen, be honest, give feedback, receive feedback, have a positive attitude, be patient, give the benefit of the doubt, and remember the impact of nonverbal communication.
- Avoids gossip and slander.
- Foster interdependence rather than independence.
- Willing to be trained and developed. Strives to improve and enhance the standards of excellence.
- Treats others with humility and grace, takes responsibility for their actions, and gives the benefit of the doubt.
- In humility and grace, treat others like they want to be treated, and take responsibility for their actions.
- Productive, reliable, take initiative, manage time efficiently, solve problems, and maintains confidentiality when appropriate.
- Represents Acts 29 well in all interactions, whether internal or external.
- Celebrates the uniqueness of each colleague and partner church’s nationality, ethnicity, background, and culture, understanding that Christ unifies us all.
- Acts with honesty and integrity.
- Travel: There will be times when overnight travel is necessary (domestic and overseas). Expected travel 4-6x/year.
- Subject to policies in the Acts 29 Handbook
- All of Acts 29 Staff works remotely.
- Competent IT skills
- Willingness to self-teach and learn software used within Acts 29
To apply for this job please visit acts29.bamboohr.com.