Website Church at Bergen
Director of Children’s Ministry
Position: Full-Time (40+ hrs/wk)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Job Summary: The Director is responsible for supporting the overall mission of making disciples of children from infants through 5th grade. The director is responsible for overseeing the discipleship of children through the Sunday ministry and supporting family discipleship in the home.
- Coordinate with Ministry Assistant to establish a safe, welcoming, growing, and engaging weekly kids’ ministry on Sundays for infants through 5th grade.
- Collaborate with Ministry Assistant and team leaders to recruit and sustain all necessary volunteers for children’s ministry.
- Screen, train, and continually develop all volunteers and teachers to support the various areas of the children’s ministry.
- Implement and evaluate all policies and procedures of the ministry to ensure the safety of every child who participates in children’s ministry.
- Coordinate, organize, and prep all family-oriented activities and Sundays, including but not limited to child dedications and Family Worship Sundays.
- Organize seasonal family-friendly activities and events including, but not limited to, summer VBS, family nights, and holiday events.
- Perform metrics and analysis on all areas of responsibility including, but not limited to weekend ministries, volunteer teams, and special events related to children’s ministry.
- Participate in weekly worship gatherings, monthly prayer gatherings, and member gatherings with eagerness
- Collaborate with other outside ministry leaders for personal and professional development
- Lead or co-lead a discipleship group for at least one semester every year.
- Attend all staff meetings and staff retreats.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading children’s ministry or elementary education/administration
- Agree with Church at Bergen’s Statement of Faith, the Theological Distinctives of Acts 29 and commit to live a lifestyle that exhibits those beliefs
- Feels called to devote themselves to the discipleship of the next generation
- Exhibits a humble, teachable attitude and quick to initiate and problem solve
- High capacity leader who is organized, administrative, and proficient in recruiting and building teams and systems
- Adept at interacting and engaging with families and children
To apply for this job please visit www.churchatbergen.org.