Website Citylight Church
The Executive Pastor of Citylight Church works closely with the lead pastor, along with the other elders, to discern the Lord’s vision for the health, growth, and multiplication of Citylight Church, builds the roadmap and leads the Citylight staff and key volunteers to equip the saints to implement that vision through Citylight Church’s various ministries, and oversees the organizational health of Citylight Church so that the church’s vision and operations are integrated.
Citylight Church’s next Executive Pastor will be first hired as “Executive Director” and he will serve in that role until he completes the Citylight Church elder training process (9-12 months) and licensing with The Christian & Missionary Alliance.
- Proven. Displays the character and competency qualifications of an elder as defined in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1
- Devoted. Lovingly shepherds his family (if married) first and Citylight second.
- Above reproach. Repents of known sin and lives in transparent accountability with other believers.
- Spiritually mature. Sincerely loves and depends on Jesus as Lord and maintains a rich devotional life, as well as patterns of both work and rest.
- Kind. Genuinely and compassionately loves people. Maintains positive and loyal friendships.
- Wise. Well-grounded in personal understanding of entire counsel of Scripture
- Confident. Has a clear vision for the areas under their purview, and can lead a team to carry that vision out.
- Reputable. Has a good reputation inside and outside of the church
- Equipper. Believes their primary role is to equip the saints for the work of the ministry.
- Reliable. Consistent and honoring of commitments.
- Owner. Take responsibility for what has been entrusted to him.
- Leader. Fosters healthy teams to accomplish God’s purposes in the church.
- Coachable. Passionately seeks to grow in their role competency and humbly receives feedback.
Sound like you?
- You love sound doctrine and are passionate about Citylight Church reflecting the character of God.
- You’re an owner. You are the kind of person who cares deeply about everything in the church from doctrinal fidelity to the cleanliness of the carpet.
- You’re highly driven toward God-glorifying excellence.
- You love second chair leadership. You can “lead up” and “lead down.” You like being second in command and a right hand man.
- You’re excited to turn vision into a concrete road map, building systems and leading teams to make the vision happen.
- You’re growth minded and think big. You want to see the church strengthened in the faith and increasing in numbers daily (Acts 16:5).
- You love to form teams and lead leaders.
- You love to accomplish the mission through others, delegating wisely.
- You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and do the work yourself when necessary.
- You love to work ON the church, not just IN it.
- You’re an optimist, even idealistic.
- You don’t only want to work for the lead pastor, but be his friend and an encourager to him.
- You love to think strategically and solve problems.
- You’re passionate about the church’s operational health being aligned with the church’s vision, ensuring organizational health.
Lead Staff & Key Volunteer Leaders
- Lead the ministry staff and key volunteers to accomplish Citylight Church’s overall mission through Sunday gatherings, citygroups, the Citylight Institute, communications, local mercy, international missions and other ministries as may be developed.
- Lead the support staff, deacons, and key volunteers to ensure the operational health of the church through their duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Ensure that the staff is held to a high standard of productivity and effectiveness, while maintaining a joyful and cooperative team dynamic.
Vision / Strategic Leadership
- Support the Lead Pastor in accomplishing the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of goals and the setting of the budget.
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) that provide the Lead Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church.
Oversee Church Operations
- Oversee the development of annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels.
- Champion the development of written infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that will support healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Oversee the development of physical infrastructure such as office and worship facilities, including building searches or programs, capital fundraising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Pray, Care, Teach, and preach
- Personal Development
- Kingdom Work
- Enthusiastically embraces Citylight Church’s member and elder doctrine; can teach and defend it.
- Formal theological education.
- Experience managing direct reports and leading teams
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Experience overseeing organizational operations
- At least 3-5 years of experience serving in a pastoral role in a church of 300 or more
If necessary, able to relocate to the Northwest Philadelphia area no later than June 1, 2024.
To apply for this job please visit citylightphilly.com.