We collect personal data from our donors for the legitimate purpose of processing the generous giving that enables Act 29 to facilitate the planting of churches and support gospel initiatives in different parts of the world.
The personal data collected includes:
- Contact details (name, home address, telephone number, email)
- Financial details – bank account/ credit card and references for processing tax in relation to donations
We use donors’ personal information to:
- Process donations made and provide receipts for tax relief (US) or claim Gift Aid if applicable (UK)
- Seek donations and track financial support which will enable more church planting and the global growth and reach of the gospel
- Keep donors informed of the growth, successes and needs in the Acts 29 initiatives they are supporting
We use the Generosity platform by LifeWay to collect and process donations; this application is provided by LifeWay and iDonate who act as a donation and payment service provider. iDonate use various techniques to identify users when they register on the site which may include checking against third party databases for identity verification. The servers for iDonate are based in the US and are protected by physical and technological security devices. Users to the site must use a log on and password; in addition, security question / answers are taken in the event a user forgets their password. Users who set up an account to manage their giving do so under the iDonate Terms and Conditions.
Our retention periods for personal information are aligned with the legal, regulatory and fiscal time frames for the donor’s country of tax liability.