Acts 29 desires to see new, gospel-centered churches in cities, suburbs, and rural communities around the world, and resources planters with training, coaching, and networking to this end. But, church planting also costs money, including the costs of renting a space, purchasing equipment and materials, ministry budgets, providing financial support for a church planter, and more.
Beginning in 2022, Acts 29 is funding US planters who have successfully completed the Acts 29 assessment process. We pray that removing some of the financial burden of church planting in the early years will help to plant more healthy, flourishing churches that are, “proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance” (Acts 28:31).
Stage-Based Funding for US Church Planters
Every new Acts 29 church plant assessed in the US through Acts 29’s Church Planter Assessment track will be eligible to receive up to $50,000 in two stages.
Stage One Funding: $25,000 will be granted upon the successful completion of an Acts 29 church-planting candidate’s conditions, and upon being recognized as an official Acts 29 church plant.
Stage Two Funding: $25,000 can be applied for upon an Acts 29 church plant having 100 people in attendance for a minimum of 6 consecutive weeks as well as meeting the other terms and conditions outlined below.
Each installment will be given in one-time, lump sums paid to the legally established church plant, not to an individual.
Stage One Eligibility
The following qualifications apply to eligibility for a church planter to receive Stage One funding:
- Assessed through the Church Planter Track
- Completed a US Assessment Conference anytime after January 1, 2021
- Completed all conditions assigned by their assessment team
- Approved as Acts 29 church planters in 2022 (and years following)
Funding is only available for new church plants; those assessed through the Existing Church Assessment track are not eligible for funding.
Planters receiving funding from other organizations—where there is a commitment to give back to the organization—are not eligible for these funds. This is in place to help the church plant avoid being overcommitted.
Stage Two Eligibility
Planters are only eligible to receive Stage Two Funding if it is applied for within 2 years of the date in which they received Stage One Funding and if they have faithfully fulfilled the other terms and conditions as outlined below.
- Participate in an Acts 29 Area for a minimum of 12 months
- Participate in an Acts 29 Cohort for a minimum of 12 months
- An average of 100 attendees on Sunday mornings for six consecutive weeks
- Faithful giving of 10% of their church’s offerings to the work of church planting—with 5% going to Acts 29’s Pay it Forward Fund (PFF)
- Submission of a quarterly survey on the health, growth, and evidences of God’s grace on the church plant
Receive 12 months of coaching, either directed by their assessment team or arranged on their own.
The application for funding will ask:
- Planter Name
- Church Plant Name and Location
- Church Demographics
- Public Launch Date
- How Stage One Funding will help their church
- A prospectus and financial statement of the church plant
- Acceptance of the terms and conditions (outlined below)
The application for funding will be reviewed by the Assessment Office. Upon approval, a check/deposit will be issued to the church for $25,000.
Once Stage Two eligibility markers are met, planters are eligible to apply for the second and final installment of funding by directly contacting the Director of Assessment. The application and eligibility of the second round of funding will be reviewed by the Assessment team. Upon approval, a final check/deposit will be issued to the church for $25,000.
Terms and Conditions
Planters who receive funding commit to the following:
- Give 10% of their church’s offerings to the work of church planting—with 5% going to Acts 29’s Pay it Forward Fund (PFF)
- Submit a quarterly survey on the health, growth, and evidences of God’s grace on the church plant
- Receive 12 months of coaching, either directed by their assessment team or arranged on their own
- Faithful participation in his Acts 29 Area
- Faithful participation in his Acts 29 Cohort (meets monthly online and twice annually in-person)