Website Antioch Community Church
Dear Potential Candidate,
We are including this note to clarify the nature of the position. Although the job description lists the position as part-time (20 – 30 hr/week), our church has an appetite for growth to a full-time position. We can only offer a part-time salary at this point in time due to limitations in our current financial situation. Specifically, we can afford a total compensation in the range of $42k-$52k/year (dependent upon experience and availability). We recognize this is not generally considered a full-time salary and want to be fully transparent about that up-front.
That being said, we have seen the Lord do amazing work in our church and provide for our every need, even in situations of financial uncertainty. We cannot promise that we will be able to pay a full-time salary in the future, but we have several encouraging options that, Lord willing, could enable us to do so. To that end, we are also reaching out to candidates looking for full-time employment to see if they would consider applying to our position and raising the rest of their support either through external channels, bivocational ministry, or if our church grows financially. In the event that our church is able to support a full-time salary, our elders would work with you to revise the responsibilities and compensation accordingly.
If you are interested in exploring this possibility further or learning more, we invite you to apply to our position to continue the conversation. We appreciate your consideration in this matter!
-The Antioch Community Church Search Team
Antioch Community Church is seeking a Lead Pastor (20-30 hr a week) to help us pursue God’s kingdom and do the work of Christ. We’re looking for someone to help shepherd the church toward our goal of becoming a loving family inviting all people into the life-changing way of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for a pastor who embraces the biblical view of the church as a body, made up of members, staff, elders/pastors, etc. all operating together under the headship of Christ. We’d like our pastor to serve as a peer among the elders, rather than having to carry the full weight of church leadership alone. We envision someone excited about joining our current leadership team and fulfilling a critical role for our church body. Instead of doing everything himself, we’re looking for a leader and delegator who can empower the staff, leaders, and entire congregation of Antioch. This leader would be somebody with a passion to equip our church members to engage with the mission of Antioch and truly function as the members of the body of Christ.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Preaching and Teaching:
- Coordinate preaching and teaching to align with Antioch’s vision.
- Provide biblical, contextual, and expository preaching, rooted in a deep love of scripture.
- Organize a yearly schedule for Sundays where someone else will be preaching (approx. 25% of the year), and provide feedback to other preachers where desired.
Leadership, Vision Casting, and Pastoral Care:
- Work alongside the elders and the staff members to prayerfully discern and follow God’s vision/direction for Antioch.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring and shepherding to staff and elders.
- Work alongside the elder team to provide counseling and shepherding to the church body.
- Represent Antioch at district and regional EFCA gatherings.
- Facilitate and lead weekly staff meetings.
- Wholeheartedly follow and serve Jesus Christ.
- Meet qualifications for a pastor/elder found in 1 Timothy 3.
- Regularly practice spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer, fasting, sabbath) and lead the church to follow suit.
- Back the vision of the church by getting involved on a personal level (i.e. joining a community group, serving locally, attending church events, etc.).
- Hold EFCA licensing or ordination or be committed to obtaining it.
- Have formal biblical training at a postgraduate level (i.e. MDiv, MRE), or equivalent experience.
To apply for this job please visit antiochcommunity.org.