Website Living Stones Church Reno
Title: Worship Director
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Compensation: Full-time competitive salary + benefits for employee and family
Disciple the church to behold the glory of God and to adore him through music and service planning.
Craft Weekly Worship Gatherings
- Craft the flow of weekly services to align with the sermon topics and create a weekly experience of the gospel.
Build and Empower a Team of Worship Leaders
- Recruit new volunteer musicians and vocalists to lead a team of 25+
- Train musicians and vocalists to use their gifts.
- Develop new leaders.
Shepherd the Team and the Congregation
- Make yourself known to the congregation as one who is leading them to Jesus, not just someone putting on a performance.
- Provide care and discipleship for your team to help them mature and grow in their pursuit of Christ.
- Pick songs that are emotionally and stylistically diverse according to the diversity of the congregation.
- Pursue and platform ethnic diversity in a way that represents the people living in Reno.
Direct the Musical Production
- Lead your team to pursue musical excellence.
- Lead a weekly worship rehearsal.
- Resource the team with necessary tools to execute the musical production.
Coordinate the Ministry and Continue to Make It Better
- Work with the Lead Pastor to develop a song catalog for every season.
- Plan and input liturgies at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Schedule the volunteer band at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Resource all band members with the resources they need to lead well. (songs, charts, click tracks, etc.)
- Develop a system of organization and communication for the band members to thrive.
- Work alongside the Production Director to set up the stage and execute the production.
- Character qualifications of a deacon (1 Timothy 3:8-13).
- The attitude and heart of a servant.
- Healthily lead a team of 25+ people.
- Play an instrument.
- Train other musicians and vocalists.
- Provide proper click-tracks.
- Ability to communicate the truth and good news of the Bible.
- Ability to craft a well designed worship service.
- Knowledge of or eagerness to know how to use online tools (like PCO, Pro-Presenter, Ableton, loop community, etc.)
- Identify and empower future leaders.
- Enjoy the ride and laugh a lot.
- Value team over title.
- Not take himself/herself too seriously.
- Lead confidently and humbly without coming off like a jerk.
- Be hungry to make things better.
- Be a man/woman of prayer and the word.
- Align with the LS doctrine, values, and strategy.
- Value soul-care and emotional vulnerability.
- Regularly take responsibility for failures and shortfalls.
- Joyfully embrace the gritty nature of Reno.
It would be great if the Worship Director…
- Had formal musical education to read, write, and teach music.
- Understands music theory.
- Can play multiple instruments.
- Is a great vocal lead.
- Had some level of formal theological education.
- Has led in this role at another church before.
- Knows how to record and do basic levels of audio production.
- Has experience writing songs.
- Can run a soundboard.
- Had other creative and production type skills like graphic design, and video editing.
To apply for this job please visit livingstoneschurches.com.