Website Living Word Family Church
Reports To: Senior Pastor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Talents or Abilities Desired
– Project Planning
– Strong administrative capabilities/ organized
Best Personality Traits
– People skills
– Willing to teach others/share information
– Works well with others
The Family Life Pastor at Living Word Family Church is designed to help families grow closer to Christ by investing in the lives of kids, students, parents and volunteers. This highly collaborative role ensures that the entire Family Life team points children, students, volunteers and parents to Christ.
Living Word Family Church is a vibrant, growing church in Raleigh NC. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Living Word your church home, the place where you worship and serve. Our mission is to make disciples and strengthen families by creating an atmosphere where people feel they belong, can shape their beliefs, and can become who God has called them to be.
Family Ministry (75%)
- Recruit, onboard, and train a team of volunteers and volunteer leaders for Youth and Children’s Ministry services.
- Provide leadership, vision, strategic planning, motivation, and support to the Youth and Children’s Ministries
- Coordinate weekly Youth Services including meal, speaker and music
- Develop high school small groups for the purpose of spiritual growth, bible study, personal and interpersonal growth, and mission.
- Create student, leader and parent training opportunities for spiritual growth
- Communicate weekly with volunteers by both encouraging those scheduled to serve and following up with those who missed their assignment the week prior.
- Communicate curriculum and culture
- Regularly build relationships with students and parents through intentional care like meeting for meals or coffee, being available for parenting conversations etc…
- Build relationships with the parents of high school students.
- Cast vision and implement structure and strategy for the greatest impact at LW Student and Children’s Ministries
- Plan and implement Family Ministry logistics and curriculum
- Assist in the planning and execution of events like Easter, Christmas, group events, etc.
- Direct the implementation of milestones / next steps
- Coordinating on-site meetings and events by using excellent organization skills
- Organizing agenda’s, mailings, calendars, attendance and other administrative tasks
- Manage Family Ministry budgets and financial goals
- Develop effective social media strategy for youth activities.
- Establish a regular rhythm of communications with parents and students via email, app notifications, and social media.
- Regularly evaluate procedures such as classes, events, look & feel, volunteers, etc.
- Oversee and maintain the current volunteer screening process & safety procedures
- Build and maintain safety and security protocol for the Student and Children’s Ministry
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- A growing, daily relationship with God
- Desire to honor God and a calling to reach and disciple students
- Desire to help encourage and equip parents
- Has excellent administrative and communication skills
- A spouse who shares a passion for student and children’s ministry and desire to support the Family Life Pastor
- A pastor/shepherd’s heart who can care for his/her staff team, volunteers, and parents within the ministry.
- Ability to think creatively and act as a self-starter
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (Bible/Ministry degree is a bonus, but not required)
- Experience in kids ministry, student ministry, or family ministry
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to build teams of volunteers, including leaders of leaders.
- The ability to lead and communicate well with kids, students, parents, volunteers & staff
- The ability to perform high-quality work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines
- The ability to accomplish assigned projects through other ministry staff; utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management & collaboration skills
- The ability to handle confidential information gracefully, escalating when necessary.
- The ability to troubleshoot when complications arise and offer creative and strategic solutions to your team
- You are a student of leadership and family culture
- You desire to work hard, are self-motivated and driven, enjoy learning and feedback
- You have a big picture perspective, desiring the success of our entire organization while focusing on the part you play within that organization
Sunday – Thursday | HOURS: 45+ hrs (must be available for special events & meetings, etc as needed)
All positions at Living Word Family Church require regular, in person, attendance of the Sunday Worship service. Additionally, attendance at our weekly All Staff Meeting is required for all employees.
- Paid Time Off
- $1,000 annually Medical Reimbursement Plan available
- A portion of salary for Housing Allowance (if ordained)
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.