Website Living Word Family Church
Reports To: Building Care Department Head
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Talents or Abilities Desired
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Some light carpentry and painting skills needed
Best Personality Traits
- People skills
- Willing to teach others/share information
- Works well with others
Provide part-time assistance in maintaining the church facility and property operations. Duties include the operation and maintenance of equipment systems, interior and exterior maintenance and oversight of service contracts associated with the operation and maintenance of church properties.
Living Word Family Church is a vibrant, growing church in Raleigh NC. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Living Word your church home, the place where you worship and serve. Our mission is to make disciples and strengthen families by creating an atmosphere where people feel they belong, can shape their beliefs, and can become who God has called them to be.
Facility Upkeep (80%)
This role supports the Building Care DH with general building maintenance and repairs and oversees volunteers who help maintain the excellence of the building. The Building Care Assistant is also involved in oversight of projects related to construction and/or installation of A/V, security, electrical, mechanical systems.
- Serves as help to all in-house building projects that require maintenance and repairs
- Contacts and schedules third-party contractors as required
- Provides basic maintenance services such as repair carpentry and wooden products, lighting replacement, patch and paint walls, replace ceiling tiles, furniture assembly, minor repairs, etc
- Clean up tools, debris, and waste when finished working.
- Assists with lawn maintenance (mowing of lawn, fertilizing)
- Assists with landscape maintenance where needed e.g. trimming bushes, mulching, etc
- Provides basic exterior maintenance services such as pressure washing, leaf blowing the parking lot, debris removal, etc
- Oversees external vendors involved in the professional maintenance of exterior church property.
Special Events Setup and Teardown and Decor Projects (10%)
- Works with other Department Heads and volunteers to provide for any facility and/or resource needs associated with special events such as church-wide family events, private rentals, special services (e.g. Christmas Eve and Easter Services) etc
- Assists staff with the development of interior/exterior design plans/facility improvements to include room designs, furniture, decorations, etc., subject to staff review/approval.
- Manage and maintain assigned tasks in the Asana Work Orders project including providing detailed notes and summaries of repair work
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Previous construction experience or working in a handyman capacity
- Ability to prioritize tasks and perform work in a timely manner
- Problem solving ability
Monday – Thursday | HOURS: 20 hrs
May be required to be called in for breakdowns as needed. Also must be available for special events & meetings, etc as needed
All positions at Living Word Family Church require regular, in person, attendance of the Sunday Worship service. Additionally, attendance at our weekly All Staff Meeting is required for all part and full-time employees.
Paid Time Off
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.