Website Living Word Family Church
Reports To: Volunteer Care Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Talents or Abilities Desired
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Strong computer/tech skills
Best Personality Traits
- People skills
- Willing to teach others/share information
- Dependable and discreet
To serve the vision of Living Word Family Church and the Volunteer Care team by assisting with the planning, organization, and execution of services, growth track, and other events.
Living Word Family Church is a vibrant, growing church in Raleigh NC. We are called to impact our world with the love and message of Jesus Christ, Everyone, Everyday, Everywhere. To apply, you must be committed to making Living Word your church home, the place where you worship and serve. Our mission is to make disciples and strengthen families by creating an atmosphere where people feel they belong, can shape their beliefs, and can become who God has called them to be.
- Maintain schedule of appointments for the Volunteer Care Director.
- Manage all Volunteer Care related tasks in the Planning Center Online suite of products e.g. scheduling rooms, check-ins, head counts, maintaining volunteer templates and teams, scheduling volunteers, etc
- Organize and maintain file systems in Google Drive.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare rooms for team use, and take notes in meetings.
- Assist in the day to day administrative tasks e.g making phone calls, printing/copying, ordering supplies, processing expenditure receipts, etc
- Oversee/delegate tasks to volunteers.
- Maintains Volunteer Report in Google Sheets
- Coordinates projects and tasks in Asana.
- Coordinate volunteer teams around services and events both before and during the event.
- Assisting in planning and coordinating any volunteer or team events
- Respond to emails and phone calls within a 24-hour time frame.
What a Strong Candidate Would Look Like:
- Christ-like, servant attitude
- Operates with a spirit of excellence
- Ability to prioritize tasks and perform work in a timely manner
- Problem solving ability
- Prior experience in event planning and/or management
- Minimum of one year experience in an administrative or support role
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
- Ability to help build a team and lead volunteers in completing projects
- Aptitude for learning and clearly communicating the vision and systems of Living Word.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effective time management
- Proficiency in G-Suite products (Drive, Sheets, Docs and Slides), Planning Center Online and Asana
Monday – Thursday | HOURS: 20 hrs
Also must be available for special events & meetings, etc as needed
All positions at Living Word Family Church require regular, in person, attendance of the Sunday Worship service. Additionally, attendance at our weekly All Staff Meeting is required for all part and full-time employees.
Paid Time Off
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.