Website The Well Community Church
Who Are We?
In every community around the world and regardless of culture, the watering well was a source of life. The well is where individuals and families would come to draw water for every need of their life (watering, cooking, cleaning, working). The watering well, by design, then became the center of the community since people gathered there daily for work, for fellowship, information, and for sustenance within their community. We believe that restoring thirsty souls begins with our love and affection towards God. Then, as we fall more deeply in love with Him, His love begins to overflow from our hearts allowing us to love and care for others. Our aim is to LOVE WELL, joining God on his mission to flood cities with living water.
What type of servant-leader staff member are we looking for to help us restore thirsty souls?
- Unswerving in their decision to place trust in the good news of Jesus Christ
- Committed to abiding with Christ daily
- Dedicated about caring deeply for others
- Faithful to counsel and equip others biblically
- Devoted to living authentically
- Steadfast to engage the world missionally
And some other things we’re looking for…
We’re all about family – are you willing to dive into the joy of relationships with us?
We laugh – can you laugh at yourself and others?
We work hard – God calls us to join Him in rescuing people, defeating evil and restoring creation…which is no “country club” assignment.
Our hope is that people would always come before process. It is our love and affection towards God that fuels our life to love and care for others. We trust this description will help you decide if linking arms with our staff is God’s call on your life, as we aim to foster a culture that pursues loving God, sharing His love with others, and restoring thirsty souls.
The Children’s Minister will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of children’s ministry; in particular, implementing a vision for shepherding the hearts’ of our children in coordination with the Next Gen and Family Pastor.
- Team building/Shepherding
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Three to five years of experience in children’s ministry, with affirmed gifting to shepherd children with/through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proven character/high integrity.
- Joy-filled personality
- A desire to model, encourage, and equip God’s people to live in biblical community
Some Specific Position Responsibilities
- Lead and cultivate a culture of care in and among the Children’s Ministry team
- Plan, organize and execute on key tasks related to children’s ministry such as:
- Recruiting, training and equipping our family members to engage the heart of their children.
- Creation of an environment where leaders feel valued, cared for and equipped.
- Coordination of ministry events that inspire and engage our families and our local community.
- Establishment and oversight of security processes and procedures.
- Management of a financial budget (supplies, events, rewards, meals, shirts, etc.).
- Teaching and overseeing Sunday programming
- Developing outside of Sunday ministry and discipleship opportunities for our children
- Visiting with families of newborns and those in need
- Partner with the special needs lead to assist any families with special needs.
- Meeting with families regarding baptisms & spiritual conversations
- Partner with our adoption and foster ministry, Chosen.
- Help sponsor and serve as a resource for Bible Drill.
- Serve as a key member of The WELL staff – i.e., participate in meetings, greet and welcome families and new visitors each week, etc.
Please contact our Next Gen & Family Pastor with questions and resume at email@example.comContact email address: Taylor@thewellargyle.com