Website The Well Community Church
Who Are We?
In every community around the world and regardless of culture, the watering well was a source of life. The well is where individuals and families would come to draw water for every need of their life (watering, cooking, cleaning, working). The watering well, by design, then became the center of the community since people gathered there daily for work, for fellowship, information, and for sustenance within their community. We believe that restoring thirsty souls begins with our love and affection towards God. Then, as we fall more deeply in love with Him, His love begins to overflow from our hearts allowing us to love and care for others. Our aim is to LOVE WELL, joining God on his mission to flood cities with living water.
What type of servant-leader staff member are we looking for to help us restore thirsty souls?
- Unswerving in their decision to place trust in the good news of Jesus Christ
- Committed to abiding with Christ daily
- Dedicated about caring deeply for others
- Faithful to counsel and equip others biblically
- Devoted to living authentically
- Steadfast to engage the world missionally.
And some other things we’re looking for…
We’re all about family – are you willing to dive into the joy of relationships with us? (Must be an existing member of The WELL or willing to become a member.)
We laugh – can you laugh at yourself and others?
We work hard – God calls us to join Him in rescuing people, defeating evil and restoring creation…which is no “country club” assignment.
Our hope is that people would always come before process. It is our love and affection towards God that fuels our life to love and care for others. We trust this description will help you decide if linking arms with our staff is God’s call on your life, as we aim to foster a culture that pursues loving God, sharing His love with others, and restoring thirsty souls.
The Guy’s Student Minister will be responsible for developing the student ministry program alongside the Girl’s Student Minister and teaching and investing in our MS and HS students; in particular, implementing a vision for discipleship of our students in coordination with the Girl’s Minister and under the guidance of the Next Gen and Family Pastor.
- Team building/Shepherding
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Previous experience in student ministry, with affirmed gifting to shepherd students with/through the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Seminary Graduate or in pursuit of degree
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Highly Relational.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proven character/high integrity.
- Joy-filled personality.
- Self-starter and motivated.
- A desire to model, encourage, and equip God’s people to live in Biblical community.
Some Specific Position Responsibilities
- Lead and cultivate a culture of care in and among the Student Ministry team and volunteers.
- Creation of an environment where leaders feel valued, cared for and equipped.
- Coordination of ministry events that engage our students and deepen community.
- Establishment and oversight of security processes and procedures.
- Investing in students and families outside of Wednesday and Sunday programming
Teaching and overseeing Sunday programming
- 11:00am – MS Bible Study
- 5:00pm – HS Bible Study
- Teaching and overseeing Wednesday Night programming
- Oversee, coordinate, and implement student ministry events
- Serve as a key member of The WELL staff – i.e., participate in meetings, greet and welcome families and new visitors each week, etc.
- Tuesday Morning All-Staff Meetings
Please submit resume, cover letter, and any questions to Taylor Morgan at email@example.com