Acts 29 has assessed over 1500 church plants and churches. This wealth of experience enables us to offer effective assessments to both individuals and churches seeking to plant.
Applicants and applicant churches who successfully complete our online assessment, will proceed to an assessment conference. Here you can find out what happens at our church planter assessment conference.
*use the CC button to add subtitles
We want to create a caring atmosphere with a range of formal and informal assessment settings. Formal assessment will take place through the following:
- Preaching assessment – The men will be given a text prior to the assessment conference and will be required to preach on that text for 20 minutes.
- Pastoral assessment – We will present you with a case study of a pastoral situation in the context of church planting and ask you in groups to discuss how you would begin to address the situation.
- Strategic planning assessment – We will present you with a church planting case study and ask you to discuss in groups how you approach the plant from a strategic point of view.
- Wives discussion – During the conference wives are invited to a couple of informal discussions with the female assessors to talk about their expectations ministry and to explore a complementarian approach to planting.
- Interview – There are two interviews over the course of the conference. You will have a specific assessment team who will spend time looking specifically at you and your situation to assess your giftedness to plant with Acts 29.
- Meal times – throughout the conference, meals and breaks are key times to build relationships with other applicants and assessors, to relax and learn from one another.
Acts 29 is a relational network, these conferences provide great spaces to begin building those relationships.
This post is also available in: Italian