Acts 29 is entering into a covenant with our church to help us plant churches through assessment, coaching, training and support.
As a member church of Acts 29, we are entering into a covenant to plant new churches, locally & globally as well as support the board & staff of Acts 29 in leading this global church planting movement.
THE LEADERSHIP OF ACTS 29 IS COMMITTED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Promoting Awareness
Promoting an awareness of church planting as a primary missional strategy, amongst church leaders, church members and other groups and denominations. We aim to make church planting accessible and achievable for those who may not have considered it before or thought it possible.
2. Connecting People
Facilitating and catalysing the formation of links, relationships and alliances amongst like-minded churches, groups and individuals that enable new planting projects to form and flourish.
3. Equipping Churches
Providing training, tools, and coaching that equips leaders and their teams as they prepare, launch and sustain healthy church planting churches.
4. Pursing Diversity
Developing culture, leadership, resources and practices, which embrace and serve a diverse constituency without compromising our theological distinctives.
5. Reaching Globally
Building strong, healthy networks across all continents, which facilitate the building of relationships between churches of different languages and cultures.
6. Setting Standards
Applying the knowledge gleaned from many years of learning in many different contexts to the setting and raising of standards for healthy leaders and healthy church planting churches. We will continue to develop a world-class Assessment program and provide theological training and formation through the established of multiple Academies which will help churches drill deeper into their context and reach wider around the world.
AS A MEMBER CHURCH OF ACTS 29, THE ELDERS OF OUR CHURCH ARE COMMITTED TO INVESTING IN ACTS 29 THROUGH:
1. Theological Integrity
- We agree with the theological convictions of Acts 29 that include:
- The Five Doctrinal Distinctives of Acts 29
- The Lausanne Covenant Statement of Faith
- We commit to inform our Network Director of any changes in our theological convictions.
2. Network Participation
- To the best of our ability, we agree to participate with our local network and the global Acts 29 family, as both need & opportunity arise.
3. Financial Commitment
- We commit to allocate at least 10% of general offerings to church planting. This includes the following:
- 2% of general giving to the Acts 29 Catalyst Fund.
- Although it is the responsibility of each local church to determine the allocation of monies for church planting, including denominational agreements and affiliations, we undertake to actively pursue opportunities to partner with Acts 29 and its member churches as we look to invest in the planting of church planting churches.
4. Relational Unity
- We endorse wholeheartedly the conviction that Acts 29 is a diverse, global family of church planting churches, characterized by theological clarity, cultural engagement & missional innovation.
- We will serve other Acts 29 churches, primarily but not exclusively in our region, through practical fellowship and prayer.
- We will resolve differences by assuming the best of each other and asking clarifying questions before drawing conclusions.
- We will speak well of other churches within Acts 29 and approach their leaders privately with any concerns, before airing them publicly.